Beaverton, Oregon is located just outside the city limits of Portland. The two share many commuters and Beaverton is essentially in many ways an extension of Portland. Beaverton is a city in Washington County, in the U.S. state of Oregon. The city center is seven miles (11 km) west of downtown Portland in the Tualatin River Valley. As of the 2010 census, the population is 89,803. This makes it the second-largest city in the county and Oregon’s sixth-largest city. Fire protection and EMS services are provided through Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue.
In 2010, Beaverton was named by Money magazine as one of the 100 “best places to live”, among smaller cities, in the country. Along with Hillsboro, Beaverton is one of the economic centers for Washington County, home to numerous corporations in a variety of industries.
- Beaverton is located in the Tualatin River Valley in Washington County and is situated seven miles west of the city of Portland. In 2004 The municipality and Washington County revealed an interim plan which spans more than ten years. The plan includes annexation of nearby areas, which will make Beaverton the second largest city in the state.
- The world headquarters of Nike is located in the area. Beaverton is included in the Silicon Forest and is home to numerous technology companies. The nearby landscape includes forests, rolling hills, rivers and wetlands.
- The city’s naming was inspired by the nearby large body of water, created by beaver dams. The Atfalati Indians were the original inhabitants. Settlers arrived during the 19th century.
- Because Beaverton is located in an area that is high in technological development, the number of liposuction and medical fat removal centers has doubled in the last couple of years.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) released its complete 17th annual multi-specialty statistical data indicating a 12% overall increase in cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2013
- More than 11 million cosmetic surgical and nonsurgical procedures were performed by board-certified plastic surgeons, dermatologists and otolaryngologists in the United States, totaling more than 12 billion dollars for the first time since the Great Recession began in 2008. Of that total, more than 7 billion was spent on surgical procedures and more than 5 billion was spent on nonsurgical procedures.
A Final Word
The experts at Portland Laser Liposuction understand the situation that you are in. We understand that you have many decisions to make regarding your choice of procedure, area of procedure, and desired results. Our professionals aim to help you and your family make the choices that are right for you and your unique situation, as well as simplify the process of finding a doctor that will perform you operation. Eliminate the stress that comes with medical decisions by allowing us to help you find the solution that fits you and your lifestyle. Contact us through our contact form on the website or by picking up your phone and calling us.